Southern Drop Biscuits!
There is nothing better than drop biscuits and a cup of Dark Roast on a quiet morning. The kids are still sleeping, I am having a very uncommonly quiet time in the house and then the urge for some drop biscuits like mom use to make struck. So while the coffee was brewing I got to work. Surprisingly, the kids slept through it all, leaving me some time to enjoy it.
- 4 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 cups of buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbs baking powder
- 2 tsp white sugar
- 1 cup of melted butter
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, cream of tartar and salt. Stir in butter and buttermilk just until moistened. Drop batter on a lightly greased cookie sheet by the tablespoon.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden on the edges, about 11 to 13 minutes. Serve warm.
- Lightly coat tops with melted butter.